Welcome!

Welcome to a blog managed by Chris Wilson who is a high level sailor out of Vancouver with big goals.
Feel free to also check out https://www.facebook.com/ChrisWilsonLaserSailing for other updates as well.
You can also fund my 2014 season at http://makeachamp.com/ChrisWilsonSailing so I can reach all my goals this year!

Friday 28 February 2014

February Update (January as well)

2014 has been busy so far.... January brought a lot of cold weather training and a fantastic training camp in Victoria directly after New Years. January is when a better training schedule really got in motion. I started seriously training 5 days a week on the water, working out with a training several times a week as well as a lot of running and my own workouts. Between all that I managed to fit in my classes at school as well.

February carried over the same hard work and on the 15th I flew out to Clearwater, Florida for Laser Midwinters East. This was my first time sailing in this location and it really was a great venue. I got in 4 days of training with my team and racing started on the Thursday. Thursday brought some unfortunate results with some simple mistakes being made in each race, showing I still have lots of kinks to work out. Day 2 of racing brought 20 knots and a minor back injury for me midway through the first race, causing me to retire for the final two races of the day. Days 3 and 4 were both fog filled and no racing was carried out unfortunately, thus ending the event. I finished with a tough result of 47th, but I was honestly happy with the event overall. The fleet competition was very tough and taught me a lot. Between training, racing and talking with other sailors I was able to take away so much. I am excited for what the next few months brings with training in Vancouver and several training camps and small regattas that have been planned.

I have also started a fundraising campaign for my 2014 season to reach my big goals for this year. Check it out at: http://makeachamp.com/chriswilsonsailing !

I would already like to thank the following people for their very generous donations:

@Amanda Guscott 
@Charles Hart 
@Dolores M Long
@Alice Hayhurst 
@Arek Sredzki

A contribution of any size honestly helps a lot! 


Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment